Sunshine flexible payments options
We want to make securing your holiday as easy as possible, that's why we offer flexible payments to help you spread the cost up until 30 days before you fly. You can book today with a low initial payment and take advantage of early booking rates and the best hotel and flight availability.
How it works:
The initial deposit (the amount you have to pay to secure your booking) will be displayed at the time of booking and is non-refundable. You will pay for the rest of your booking by making up to three further payments depending on the period between when you book and your departure date. The number of payments you will make will be displayed at the time of booking. If you have selected to pay by instalments, we will take payment from the card used for the booking. There will be a small admin fee of up to £5 for this service, and it's important to ensure you have sufficient funds in your account for us to take the payment in full.
Alternatively, you can make payments manually at any time without charge via the 'My Bookings' area of the website.
After you have made your booking, you will have the option to move the date of your next monthly payment up to 14 days into the future, except for the final balance payment which cannot be changed. Please note that you may incur an administrative charge of £10 each time you move your payment date.
Terms and conditions
If you cancel your booking or if we cancel it because of non-payment, you shall still be required to pay (to the extent not already paid):
1. Any non-refundable supplier charges in connection with accommodation, flights, transport and any other services forming part of your booking. Please note that most flights are unfortunately non-refundable with the airline so if you cancel your booking it is likely you will still have to pay for your flights
2. Any cancellation charges imposed by the applicable supplier(s)
3. Our cancellation administration fee
Please see our booking conditions for full details.
Please note, if you have booked a package holiday there are certain circumstances where you can cancel without paying cancellation charges, please see clause 29 of our booking conditions for full details.
You can see the total amount of any cancellation charges for your booking by logging in to the ‘My Sunshine’ area of our website once your booking is confirmed.
Flexible payment dates
Need to change the date of your next payment? We’re now giving you the option to move the date of your next payment up to 14 days into the future. Simply login to your account via the “My Sunshine” section of our website to view and change the date of your upcoming payments. You can change the date of each instalment once, except for the final balance payment, which cannot be changed. Please note that you may incur an administrative charge of £10 each time you move your payment date.
Cancelling instalment payments
If you wish to cancel your instalment payments arrangement with us, you can either:
- Pay the outstanding balance for your booking in full by contacting our customer service department or logging on to the ‘My Sunshine’ area of our website. We will then not take any further payments from any of the cards we hold for you;
- Cancel your booking by contacting our customer service department or logging on to the ‘My Sunshine’ area of our website; or
- Contact your bank to cancel the authority for us to collect the payments. We ask that you please contact us in the first instance before contacting your bank.
Please note cancellation charges may be payable if you cancel your booking or if we cancel it for non-payment because you have asked your bank to cancel the payments and you have not provided an alternative method of payment for your booking. We may debit your last card added to the system or other cards we hold against your order for any cancellation charges. Please see below for more details.
Collection of payments
We will collect the payments from the card used to make the booking on the due dates for a small admin fee of up to £5 for this service. If this card fails and we hold other cards against your order we will also attempt to debit the outstanding amounts from these cards.
If we are unable to take payment in full:
- We may collect any available funds in your account up to the value of the amount owed plus a payment collection fee of up to £5 and;
- You may also incur an additional administrative charge of up to £20 which will be added to the total balance of your booking.
Should we be unable to collect any outstanding payments, we will also contact you and if we are unable to contact you or collect the payment within a reasonable timeframe, your booking may be cancelled and you may be required to pay cancellation charges (see above). If you cancel your booking or if we cancel if because of non-payment and the amount you have paid for your booking at the point of cancellation does not cover the cancellation charges, you must immediately pay any difference between the amount you have paid and the cancellation charges applied. You give us authority to automatically debit the last card added to the system in this respect. If this card fails and we hold other cards against your order, we will also attempt to debit the amounts owed from those cards.
If you wish us to debit an alternative card then please contact our customer service department or if you are making a payment you can log on to manage your booking and make payment with the alternative card BEFORE the payment due date.
£1 hotel only deposit
You can book your hotel only stay for just £1 and the final balance is due four weeks before you travel. Should you wish to cancel your accommodation then you’ll only lose the £1 deposit up to 2 weeks before you depart. For cancellations after this time, charges will apply in accordance with the terms and conditions.
Search the sunshine.co.uk website:×