What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is placed on the browser of your computer, tablet or mobile device by us. This information is then sent back to our systems and recorded as you move around our website. Cookies are unique to the browser that you are using, so if you use both a mobile and computer to access our site, different data will be collected for each.
There are both session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only for the length of time that you visit our site and are deleted once you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your browser ready for use the next time you visit our website. Like most sites, we use a combination of both.
What types of cookies do we use?
The following are the types of cookies that our website uses:
- Technical cookies. These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you carry out searches, log into secure areas of our website and make payments.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to gain an insight into how visitors use our website, so we can improve it. We are able to count the number of visitors and review which pages they visit. We also use these cookies to monitor which marketing activities are generating traffic to our website. One of the analytics tools that our website uses is Google Analytics, to learn more about Google Analytics, you can visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or the destination that you last searched for).
- Targeting /Third Party cookies. These cookies may be used by us, social networking sites, other third-party suppliers and/or advertisers to record your visits to our website and enable interaction with you once you have left our website. The information obtained is used to personalise any adverts that you see for our products, whether they appear on our website or on third party websites.
We use these cookies in the following ways:
- Searches and preferences. Cookies enable our search panel to remember any information you have inputted, so if you come back to have another look for a similar holiday on the same device, you won’t have to fill everything in again. If you select a holiday but then leave our website and come back later to book, we will have stored the holiday using cookies so you shouldn’t have to search for it again. Similarly if you save any deals into our online scrapbook, they will be waiting for you if you want to have another look.
What can you do about cookies?
If you would like to learn more about cookies and how to manage and delete them, you can visit the help section of your browser. Here, you should be able to control which cookies you accept and reject or you can ask to be notified when a cookie is set.
Please note that if you choose not to accept certain technical or functional cookies, you may not be able to book using our site or use all of its features. We may change this cookie statement at some point in the future, so check back to ensure you are up to date.
If you have any questions or comments about this cookie statement, don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Why use sunshine.co.uk?
Member of ABTA
Book with Confidence. sunshine.co.uk is an ABTA Member.
£1 Hotel Deposits
Book today, pay your balance 2 weeks before travel.
Our customers say they saved money through booking with us.
Should a supplier cease trading, we can claim your money back.
Search the sunshine.co.uk website:×