COVID Cancellation Cover
COVID Cancellation Cover
COVID Cancellation Cover now included with every package
Pre-trip cancellation cover, including for COVID-19, is now automatically included with every package holiday, meaning that if you or anyone in your group contracts COVID-19 before you travel, your cancellation costs are covered.
With this insurance, you'll be covered in the event that you need to cancel your trip before you depart for specific reasons, including:
1. the death, bodily injury or illness of you, a close relative, your travel companion or any person you have arranged to stay with during your trip; or
2. you, your travel companion or any person you have arranged to stay with during your trip receiving a diagnosis of coronavirus within 14-days of the start of the trip or in the case of being admitted to hospital due to coronavirus within 28 days of the start of the trip;
3. you or your travel companion being denied boarding following either a coronavirus diagnosis or receiving a temperature test or other medical test reading which falls outside of the transport provider’s terms of travel;
4. you being called for jury service or as a witness in a Court of Law (but not as an expert witness or where your employment would normally require you to attend court); or
5. your redundancy, provided that you were working at your current place of employment for a minimum of 2 years and that you were not aware of any impending redundancy at the time this policy was issued or the trip was booked; or
6. your home being made uninhabitable due to accidental damage, burglary, flooding or fire;
7. the police requesting your presence following burglary or attempted burglary at your home; or
8. you, or any person you intended to travel with, who is a member of the Armed Forces, emergency services, the nursing profession or a government employee being ordered to return to duty.
Please note that this pre-trip cancellation cover may not cover the full value of your holiday and you may have to recover additional losses through other channels. This pre-trip cancellation cover should not be considered full travel insurance and would not cover you once you have commenced your trip.
Check out your policy documents for more information. Applies to all bookings up to 31st January.
Travel insurance with COVID-19 cover*
Don't forget to add travel insurance at checkout for full peace of mind whilst you're in resort.
Up to £10,000,000pp emergency medical cover
Up to £1,500pp baggage and belongings cover
Up to £2,000pp cancellation cover
Our insurance now covers you for a range of COVID-19 related scenarios to make sure you're covered whilst away, even if the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) have advised against travel to your destination. Medical expenses for you and your party are also included under this cover.
*To check what's covered, see our dedicated insurance FAQs page.
Search the sunshine.co.uk website:×